Specializing in the financial services industry, Conceptia has over ten years of experience implementing Trade Order Management Systems. Conceptia provides current & future state analysis, application & interface development, transition management and cutover planning.
Conceptia applies a seamless methodology
Based on extensive experience, expertise and best practices, Conceptia has developed an implementation methodology that enables us to offer a service that is both streamlined and user friendly.
We specialize in the implementation, deployment and delivery of financial systems.
Our swift implementation approach ensures that:
- Deliverables are clearly defined, documented and signed off
- Technical pre-requisites are documented and communicated
- Delivery process is agreed upon by all stakeholders
- Software is tested to meet client specifications
- Progress is documented and communicated to stakeholders
- Changes are managed and controlled
- Issues are logged, tracked, and acted upon
- The deployment of the solution is tested and risk-free
Our 8 steps to successful implementation
1. Workshop to map specific areas of need
Conceptia works together with the client to understand specific business needs and tailor the implementation process to meet those needs. Key activities are focused on:
- Defining and documenting requirements, objectives, and architecture issues
- Developing a preliminary solution with scope and estimates for the services
Conceptia will work directly with the client to assess the preliminary requirements. The deliverable for the workshop is a proposal that includes:
- A solution architecture
- A description of hardware and software pre-requisites
- A cost benefit analysis
- A proposal for services to deliver the solution
2. Client environment study
The objective of a client environment study is to define a roadmap for achieving the deliverables outlined in the statement of work. Conceptia will define the roadmap with input from all participants in the project and factoring in the specific business concerns of the client .The study aims to help:
- Define and document the measures of success associated with the project
- Define and document the project objectives
- Define and document the roles and responsibilities
3. Understanding of client infrastructure
It is important to consider the exact functionality requirements of a client's operation and core businesses processes handled by the current system. Conceptia will examine the existing infrastructure to:
- Understand how business processes affect stakeholders
- Assess and document the fit/cleft in the current infrastructure
- Map current processes and technical requirements to the proposed solution
4. Identify third-party system integration requirements
The purpose is to understand the technology environment of third-party applications and databases to determine how business processes can be integrated with the software being implemented. Conceptia will consider the characteristics of the following environments:
- Operating system
- Server platforms
- Network environment
- Application versions
5. Definition of target environment
The most demanding component of the implementation process is the development of the target environment.
The Conceptia approach sees the development multi-leveled process maps to determine how the current processes can be implemented against a new software solution:
- Sub Process
The process maps are the foundation of the target environment documentation that become essential input as new technology requirements are defined and executed upon in the implementation phase.
6. Statement of Work for client sign-off
The statement of work will detail the implementation process and who will be responsible for each task. The document will also provide resource and budget requirements for each portion of the implementation process.
The outcome will be a mutually agreed upon set of requirements, solution and services that meet the business objectives of the client:
- A detailed design document or functional specification
- A statement of work
- A check list with the implementation process
The final stage ensures that the software is performing against the technical specifications outlined in the previous steps of the implementation project.
The key activities of this phase include coding, integration, testing and documentation including:
Design documents for:
- Data Migrations
Test plans to include scripts for:
- Conversion plan
- Training plan
- Transition plan
- o Fully configured system ready for go live
Ultimately this step will deliver a tested solution that provides the functionality defined in the statement of work.
8. Assist with software installation and database setup
- a. Load any existing spreadsheets into repository
- b. Verify integration points
This phase depends on the transition plan developed previously. The key activities of this phase are to:
- Prepare the production environment
- Migrate data
- Go live
Conceptia will oversee all go-live related activities and perform training as agreed upon in the statement of work:
- Manage all deployment activities
- Resolve issues
- Prepare and plan for on-going system support
- Assist during training and go-live activities
The outcome is the seamless implementation of a software solution into the client's production environment.
The Conceptia Difference
At Conceptia we have broad experience working across cultures, both on the ground and with remote teams. We know intimately the many aspects off-shore operations, best-cost country solutions and outsourcing.
To learn more about Conceptia and our Implementation Methodology, click here.